No Spend February

Today I am joining Amy over at The MotherLoad in the "No Spend Challenge". I have a very limited budget as it is, currently.

If it's not on sale... I don't need it.


If it's on sale... I still don't need it, but I might buy it.

I think out my purchases carefully. I go for quality products that will stand the test of time. I'd much rather spend a little more, then have to replace something of lesser quality. But even I can go a little overboard and buy things I don't need. And that cup of coffee out... well, that's my kryptonite.

Today, I answer the challenge and the answer is yes.

My Rules


Rule #1
Groceries & gas are ok purchases.


Rule #2 I can buy the two new car-seats I've been planning on. In my opinion safe car-seats are a necessity. (If you're in the market for car-seats or other baby gear check out
Hip Monkey. This store supports The Kyle David Miller Foundation with 100% of net proceeds.)

Rule #3 We can go out or order out 1 time.(Including pizza... this could be hard.) If I say no going out to eat, I'm just setting myself up for failure.


Rule #4 My birthday celebration is exempt. My birthday falls at the end of the month and I am planning a night out with friends. It's a rare treat to go out with adults only. It can also be a celebration of my no spend month.


So those are my rules. Wish me luck. You can join me and Amy in the no spend challenge
here.


Chris

0 comments: